11.20.2007

Leaves & Cold Frames

Yesterday I finished spreading the leaves I got from my grandparents. Two bags went in Mom's garden, and the rest went in my garden paths and compost pile. It was only after I'd finished that I realized I'd need some for the Russian Sage. I guess I'll just have to borrow some from my garden paths when I get around to mulching it. I was planning to so it today, but then decided it was a little chilly to be fussing with burlap and leaves. I don't know why I decided that since it's just going to get colder. I guess I was just being lazy. Anyway, hopefully I'll get it done before the end of the week.

The cold frame seems to be working better and I planted some lettuce and radishes in it. I'm still not sure I'm doing it right, but I started reading Four Season Harvest by Eliot Coleman. I studied the book briefly in school, but we never used much of the information in it. This is the first time we've tried extending the growing season. I hope it works out.

Farewell for now~
Sarah

No comments: